Australia is a popular yacht destination with over 80% of its residents residing within 50 km to the sea. The ocean is literally a stone’s throw away. Yacht trips are fun and are also being preferred by families since they are all-inclusive. Lately many are booking yachts to celebrate bachelor/bachelorette party, birthday or just to spend a serene evening with their partner.
Depending on the cruise line you select, your children get their daily dose of fun too. You are spoilt for choices when it comes to Sydney yacht hire. Champagne Sailing Sydney is one of the top-preferred cruise lines due to their luxurious yachts and excellent hospitality. Check their website and book your spot in advance.
There are instances when a short oversight could spoil your yacht ride. May be there isn’t space to move around inside a cabin or maybe you failed to read the fine print that included in drink package? Use these tips to avoid such mistakes and have a happy vacation.
Mistakes to avoid when choosing a yacht rental package:
- Reputation of the yacht charter: It is important to double check the reputation of the cruise company. Get referrals from people and check out online reviews before going ahead with a booking
- Choosing the ship size without a proper head count: Select the yacht size depending on the head count of your team. Make an accurate head count and then start looking for yachts. Cramming a number of people in a small deck is far from enjoyable.
- Not inspecting the yacht beforehand: Bring along someone who has knowledge about yachts and inspect all equipments in the yacht. If you are planning to travel with kids, confirm if there are child railings and sufficient number of life jackets.
- Not going through the pricing information in detail: While going through the pricing summary read through it fully and ask questions if you have any doubts. You could ask them directly if there are any hidden charges. You have to right to question it since you are the one paying.
- Not researching cabin location: Where your room is located matters. It you are sailing with children, you’d have to make sure your cabins are close by. If you are prone to getting sea-sick request for a room somewhere in the middle. If you want some place with more privacy, choose somewhere away the music venue, elevator and dining.
- Failing to ask specific questions pertaining to the yacht: Find out which year the yacht was built. A yacht that is old is not a good choice as the last thing you want is to get stuck up in the middle of the ocean in a broken yacht. Check the yacht’s condition and exercise caution with new vessels too. The yacht should be at least a year old.
The country has a number of impressive local port destinations which accounts for the rising interest in chartering yachts. Plan a yacht evening or an overnight stay in a yacht and have fun with your loved ones immersing yourself in the beauty of the country.